So I think I just lost my best friend of 15 years over something really dumb. It was over a post I had written on good ol' Facebook. I had noticed an add that said " $10,000 Scholarship for BLACK MOM's" This was the most ridiculous scholarship ad I had ever seen. You only qualified for the scholarship if you were a black single mother. I have a problem with this. So I posted on FB :
"I just saw an ad for a $10,000 scholarship for minortiy mom's WTF is that crap!! Why don't they make a scholarship for single people without kids!!??? (Go ahead & yell @ me now, I know you want to!!!)"
Apparently my best friend Monique took this as "Single mothers don't deserve to go to school because they are on welfare & aren't married!!" Talk about getting your words twisted around!!! I never said that single mothers didn't deserve a scholarship & they should give them to single people without children!!! I was simply stating that it is BS that unless you have children & are NOT married you don't get any help with going to school. Of course we can get grants & loans, anyone can, I was just saying why is it you must be a single mother to get any help. School is expensive and just because we SINGLE people only have ourselves to take care of doesn't mean we are all able to pay for school. The only way a SINGLE person can get a scholarship is if we get one in high school for good grades. Besides why is it only if you are a BLACK MINORITY you qualify?? How is that fair anyways!?? If I was a millionaire I wouldn't have a problem with this!!!!
So now back to the situation with losing my best friend over something incredibly DUMB....
People were commenting on the post agreeing with how it is not fair but Mona got all offending like I was talking about her personally. Saying mean things & then her BF got into with me saying " Well if your psychotic Mormon upbringing hadn't have failed so miserably & if the Mormon church didn't force those little sluts to keep their fuck trophies then the world wouldn't have so many single mothers!! (his words NOT mine)
First of all, what does being Mormon have to do with scholarships or single mothers??!!! The Mormon church does NOT encourage single mothers to keep their babies! They actually encourage them to give them up for adoption so they can be raised by TWO parents who can afford them!!! IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!!!!!
Today I deactivated my FB account because I was getting tired of seeing my friend saying mean things directed towards ME!! The next thing I know I am getting a text saying:
" So you deleted me on FB?? Remeber that!!! We're done!! No longer friends!!! Have fun with your fake ass friends, and you better hold on to Noel as tight as you can she is your only true friend you have left!!!!
MEAN!!!!
WTF was that all about!!??? Honestly I have no idea what the hell happened. I was giving her space to be mad because I know how she gets when she is mad. There is no talking to her!! I am NOT losing my best friend over something SO STUPID!!! We are not in High School anymore! We are 30 years old for hell sakes!!!
So I am NOT moving to Missouri as planned. I can't move somewhere where people HATE me for NO REASON AT ALL!!!! Ugh.. Life is just ridiculous sometimes. Instead of jumping to some dumb conclusion, why don't people just talk things out!!???
You know what they say ASSUMING makes an ASS out of YOU & ME!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment